<     May 2017     >
Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa  
    1  2  3  4  5  6  
 7  8  9 10 11 12 13  
14 15 16 17 18 19 20  
21 22 23 24 25 26 27  
28 29 30 31
00:29 <Shiz> https://github.com/alpinelinux/aports/pull/1443
00:30 <Shiz> can anyone experienced with pam look at this?
00:30 <Shiz> cc kaniini ncopa
01:45 s33se_ joined
02:09 <ncopa> mosez: i mentioned the translit issue to dalias in #musl iirc the proper fix is to fix the php app
02:09 <ncopa> might be if many enough ask for it that they will consider add it to musl
02:09 <ncopa> ;)
02:42 <awilfox> Shiz: any reason you don't have pam_wheel in there too?
02:42 <awilfox> Shiz: otherwise lgtm
02:42 <kaniini> Shiz i rather take a sledgehammer to PAM
02:42 <Shiz> isn't wheel more of a sudo thing?
02:43 <Shiz> kaniini: likewise, but we have a real usecasei n the bugtrackre who's hindered by this
02:43 <Shiz> :P
02:43 <Shiz> awilfox: or rather, doesn't wheel say who can su in the first place?
02:43 <Shiz> if i'm getting this right
02:43 <kaniini> it seems fine to me
02:45 <Shiz> i can add pam_wheel too
02:47 <Shiz> >The pam_wheel PAM module is used to enforce the so-called wheel group. By default it permits root access to the system if the applicant user is a member of the wheel group.
02:47 <Shiz> i'm not sure if that's a good idea
02:48 <Shiz> for su
02:48 <Shiz> but i guess auth required's stack, so that should be fine
02:50 <Shiz> mm idk, i don't have a strong opinion on adding pam_wheel
02:52 <Shiz> btw, how do i assign bugs to myself on the bug tracker?
03:09 <kaniini> someone will have to give you that permission in it
03:12 <awilfox> Shiz: the idea is something like auth required pam_wheel.so
03:12 <awilfox> Shiz: then `su` doesn't work for non-wheel users
03:12 <Shiz> yeah but i'm not sure if that's a good idea
03:12 <awilfox> Shiz: it still requires a password, it just fails before asking the password if you aren't already in wheel
03:12 <Shiz> it's a change from the default busybox su we install
03:13 <Shiz> yeah i figured that part out in the meantime :P
03:13 <awilfox> busybox su doesn't do that? okay, I guess it makes sense to mimic it then.
03:49 minimalism joined
03:54 Emperor_Earth joined
05:03 tmh1999 joined
05:28 <TemptorSent> kaniini: When you get a chance, please take a look at http://pastebin.com/LJKbCPV9
05:28 <TemptorSent> s/http/&s/
05:29 <TemptorSent> Let me know if that makes any sense.
05:35 BitL0G1c joined
06:30 <kaniini> seems okay
06:30 <kaniini> i dont see anything blatantly wrong
08:50 D630 joined
11:18 blueness joined
12:04 <Shiz> when did we add pc: deps to apk?
12:05 <Shiz> it seems xcb-utils may need a rebuild to expose its pc: provides
12:07 <Shiz> ah, here: https://git.alpinelinux.org/cgit/abuild/commit/abuild.in?id=2f5ef7e2fa6acb03ffb1ed3d372e0945816c8fa4
12:07 <Shiz> can xcb-utils be relbumped/rebuilt so that its pkg-config provides work and https://github.com/alpinelinux/aports/pull/1430 can be merged?
13:13 <^7heo> moin
13:20 czart__ joined
13:35 tmh1999 joined
13:48 fekepp joined
14:18 blueness joined
14:26 black_ant joined
14:53 <TemptorSent> Mornin'
14:54 <TemptorSent> kaniini: Thanks :) Now my only big missing link is how apk's solver actually resolves its deptrees.
15:14 blueness joined
15:24 blueness joined
16:00 BitL0G1c joined
16:50 blueness_ joined
17:06 blueness joined
17:07 minimalism joined
17:17 lucybun joined
17:37 <TemptorSent> kaniini: Also, any thoughts on handling of valid codependencies (which appear to result in cycles currently)?
18:02 mattaitchison_ joined
18:03 victorbjelkholm_ joined
18:04 jomatv6_ joined
18:07 Teru-sama joined
18:10 Orochimarufan joined
18:10 doppo joined
18:11 lostd joined
18:17 mmlb joined
18:19 kaniini joined
19:04 blueness joined
19:05 cyteen joined
19:25 tmh1999 joined
19:39 BitL0G1c joined
20:13 <scadu> Shiz: re pr 1430: should I send a xcb-utils pkgrel bump under the same pr?
20:13 <Shiz> yeah that's fine
20:13 <Shiz> i just won't be able to merge it for you
20:13 <Shiz> because i've got no main/ access :P
20:51 LouisA joined
21:01 tmh1999_ joined
21:04 tmh1999 joined
21:38 blueness_ joined
21:42 letoram_ joined
21:42 dfgg_ joined
21:43 mitchty joined
21:44 XgF joined
22:10 martanne joined
22:29 cyteen joined
22:54 <Shiz> jirutka: ping
22:57 <jirutka> Shiz: I agree with kaniini: "i rather take a sledgehammer to PAM"
22:58 <Shiz> not what i was pinging you for
22:58 <Shiz> :P
22:58 <Shiz> but duly noted
22:58 <jirutka> Shiz: "The pam_wheel PAM module is used to enforce the so-called wheel group." … wtf? wheel group is usually used to allow its members to sudo root… but with sudo, no with some automagic fucker
22:59 <Shiz> ... the point is that pam_wheel is used together with su
22:59 <jirutka> <awilfox>: "Shiz: it still requires a password, it just fails before asking the password if you aren't already in wheel" … and what the heck is the purpose? o.O
22:59 <Shiz> nothing automagic about that
22:59 <Shiz> anyway
23:00 <Shiz> jirutka: wheel vastly predates sudo
23:00 <Shiz> its original purpose was to group the normal users who were even allowed to su root in the first place
23:00 <Shiz> they would still needs the root pw, but other users would be rejected entirely, valid root password or not
23:00 <Shiz> ANYWAY
23:00 <Shiz> jirutka: could you look at this? https://github.com/alpinelinux/aports/pull/1511
23:01 <jirutka> <Shiz>: "when did we add pc: deps to apk?" … what do you mean? these are usually autodetected
23:01 <Shiz> my question was when that autodetection was added
23:01 <Shiz> the answer was somewhere in 2015
23:12 <Shiz> responded to remarks
23:12 <Shiz> and fixed some
23:13 <Shiz> jirutka: pkgver is overridden in quite some apkbuilds
23:13 <Shiz> it seems
23:13 <jirutka> for example?
23:14 <Shiz> hmm, trying to find it
23:14 <Shiz> maybe i just had a faulty grep
23:15 <Shiz> jirutka: main/libc0.9.32
23:15 <Shiz> line 5 and 91
23:16 <jirutka> snapshot function is not a split function
23:16 <Shiz> oh, what is it?
23:17 <jirutka> it seems that unfortunately yet another undocumented :/
23:18 <jirutka> this function is used to create a snapshot file to be deployed to distfiles.a.o
23:18 <Shiz> heh
23:19 <Shiz> well I'll say that setting pkgver in the subpkg doesn't seem to break in practice
23:19 <Shiz> (nor do I see why it should)
23:19 <jirutka> for example when upstream is idiot and doesn’t provide any release tarballs, not using any normal repository that provides this feature, and the only option is to clone from git or other repo, then you may use snapshot to create snapshot of the repo and deploy it to our distfiles, to ensure reproducible builds
23:20 <jirutka> another example is when upstream is retarded and removes older releases right after releasing new version
23:21 <jirutka> I’d prefer to ask fabled about it
23:21 <jirutka> about pkgver in split func
23:22 <Shiz> sure
23:34 <jirutka> imo it’d be better to just use the llvm’s version
23:34 <Shiz> but that'd be incorrect
23:34 <jirutka> or create a separate abuild for it
23:35 <jirutka> i donjt think so, it’s from release tarball 4.0.0, isn’t it…?
23:36 <jirutka> isn’t there a separate tarball for it…somehwere…?
23:37 <jirutka> i need to go sleep
23:37 <Shiz> jirutka: there's no separate tarball, but it has its own version
23:38 <Shiz> in setup.py
23:38 <Shiz> it's not version 4.0.0
23:38 <Shiz> it's version 0.6.0
23:38 <Shiz> $ lit --version
23:38 <Shiz> lit 0.6.0dev
23:43 <jirutka> Shiz: btw do you know that you should check libraries being upgrade for so version changes…?
23:44 <jirutka> Shiz: when so version is bumped and there are some ABI breakages, then all dependent pkgs must be rebuilt
23:44 <Shiz> jirutka: eyes
23:44 <Shiz> yes*
23:44 <Shiz> the travis output tells you, right
23:44 <jirutka> Shiz: it’s printed at the end of build on Travis; but it’s very stupid, just diff
23:44 <jirutka> yeah
23:45 <Shiz> i check 3 things for small PRs:
23:45 <Shiz> 1) if the apkbuild changes are sensible
23:45 <Shiz> 2) if the build succeeds
23:45 <Shiz> 3) if the build file list doesn't change in a bad way
23:45 <Shiz> 4) if there are no soname bumps
23:45 <Shiz> :P
23:45 <Shiz> sorry, 4 things
23:46 <jirutka> is tmpfile here?
23:47 <Shiz> i haven't seen them here
23:47 <Shiz> jirutka: also check out the immense size of the libc++ testsuite
23:48 <Shiz> -- Testing: 5726 tests, 4 threads -- 2% [====---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------]
23:48 <Shiz> ETA: 00:22:30
23:50 <Shiz> jirutka: found ab etter way to solve the c++abi situation
23:51 <Shiz> there's an option in the libc++ build system to statically embed libc++abi
23:51 <Shiz> as it comes from the same pkg anyway, and we already need it to make -static work at all
23:51 <Shiz> makes no sense to even expose libc++abi as a package
23:51 <Shiz> nothing else uses it
23:54 <jirutka> Shiz: this may come handy now: https://github.com/alpinelinux/aports/pulls?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=is%3Apr%20is%3Aopen%20-label%3AP-low (filters out P-low)
23:55 <Shiz> thanks :P
23:55 <Shiz> could you review toilet btw?
23:55 <Shiz> i can't review my own prs ;)
23:55 <jirutka> I hope that he will get tired soon… this is not very helpful now, when we’re right before branching v3.6 :/
23:55 <jirutka> not now, I need to go sleep
23:56 <Shiz> okay np